On April 26th of 1864, eighty-eight parishioners met with a committee of Presbytery to organize "The Second Presbyterian Church of Huntington".
October 1865 - The new, white clapboard building was dedicated.
1872 - A pipe organ was purchased and dedicated.
September 1888 - A fire destroyed the church building.
October 1889 - The new brick church was dedicated. The name of the church was changed to "Central Presbyterian Church".
1929 - A new wing containing a gymnasium, kitchen, and Sunday School classrooms were added.
1950 - The Manse at 55 Huntington Bay Road was dedicated. The old Manse next to the church was used for Sunday School classrooms.
1957 - The first Manse was razed in order to make room for a new Christian Education wing which was added to the church.
1964 - The brick church was razed in order that our present sanctuary could be erected as part of our 100th Anniversary observance.
1967 - Central Presbyterian Church was at its highest membership count of 1,167. Sunday school students were as many as 650.
1967 - A second manse at 29 Gaines Street was purchased.
1995 - The building next door (east of the church) was purchased and demolished.
1996 - The second Manse was sold to help pay for the adjacent property.
1997 - Our sanctuary was repainted and refurbished with new carpeting and seat cushions.
2005 - A bequest from the estate of Dorothy Front made it possible to purchase her former home at 43 Dumbarton Road. A fire required the house to be renovated before it could be used as the Manse in 2006.
2007 - The Manse at 55 Huntington Bay Road was sold.
2010 - The rear of the church building was renovated including the gymnasium, kitchen, bathrooms, rear entrance and the lobby.
2016 - Central joins the Evangelical Covenant Order (ECO) denomination.